Clinical Pathways are multidisciplinary management tools based on evidence-based practice for a specific group of patients with a predictable clinical course, in which the different interventions by the professionals involved in the patient care are defined, optimized and sequenced and outcomes tied to specific interventions.
Implementation of clinical pathways is known to reduce variability in clinical practice and improve outcomes. There are internationally accepted clinical pathways like the American Heart Association's (AHA) Acure Coronary Syndrome (ACS) pathway that have been configured with ohumVistA, enabling providers to implement pathways effectively as well as track utilization and outcome information in
Some of ohumVistA's clinical pathways benefits include:
- Identifying and implementing best practices
- Standardizing the quality of clinical care
- Empowering patients by sharing clinical pathway information
- Reducing redundant activities
- Improving patient turnover & ALOS